Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I rarely distress......

.....stress in general...yes.....distress in the crafty world.....not so much....but it is always a fun challenge and I love working with new techniques and new ideas!!

Here is a card I came up with using the distress technique....I wanted to find a very old photo for this project and thought this photo would work nicely:

My two main colors were tangerine and timber brown mixed and distressed for that golden, 'scroll' like look.

Here is a closeup of the distressed edges:

So enjoyed making this, I will have to try a different version with different stamps and colors!

Hubby is on vacation this week so we are going to head out for breakfast shortly!!! Awww....the very simple pleasures in life....we rarely ever do that and he rarely has vacations, so it will be nice! Will pick up a little something for Chris on the way home too.......

Speaking of which, the little guy got to wear shorts to school this morning....still so unbearably hot....I think it will be 8 degrees cooler today but still very hot nonetheless!!!! Whoa!! It should cool down much more later this week!




Enjoy!


Materials Used:

Background paper: Making Memories and Basic Grey.

Stamps: Hero Arts.

White lace flowers by Prima.

2 comments:

ivwhy said...

nice distress work!

fab photo to have to work with!

Virginia L. said...

Fantastic job on that page!!