Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Caardvark's #2

Here is another fun card I made for two different challenges:


I used a tiny leaf stamp from a Thanksgiving stamp set to create the tree top....a simple scattering and shaping of the leaves until it rounded out to the look that I wanted. I thought bright cyan would be a nice touch for the tree color. I hand drew the tree trunk this time and colored in with dark brown.

The nest egg stamp is from a special collection my husband gave me for Christmas, it is not from any of the current vendors that I have - I'll have to look at the name on the box - he bought it from an on-line French stamping company....it's a very pretty bird set! The emulated long grass tails were also made from this set.

Here is a close-up of the butterfly - I love taking a fine tip pen and simply dabbing little circles until I make a dainty trail...just fun!

Enjoy! Hubby has been enjoying his vacation and has been helping me take care of Chris...playing lots of football with the little guy....so that mommy gets a break and gets to craft!! Thank you hubby~


Have a good one!


Papers: Papertrey Ink - Ocean Tides.

Stamps and gems: Hero Arts.

Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.

11 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love how you turned that leaf into a fabulous tree ... and the butterfly trail is wonderful too.

ivwhy said...

good that hubby has vacation!

love your blue tree! only you can think of that! creative stamping too!

Diana said...

Ooooh, love this one too. Can't decide which one I like best!

Ashley M said...

This card is AMAZING! Thanks for playing! :)

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

This is fabulous!! I love the bird nest and sparkle!!

TFP at CV's!!

lauren said...

this is absolutely, totally, completely, AMAZINGLY, fabulously, perfectly ♥STUNNING♥!!!

Heidi Van Laar said...

SO beautiful! I love the colors!

MMG said...

One little leaf into a beautiful tree -- full of symbolism and absolutely stunning!

Daniela said...

This is adorable!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Oh so pretty!

Michelle Giraud said...

This is an amazing card. Love the colors you used against the white background and that fun butterfly.