Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LAD Sketch #72 - Watercolor Stamping

This weeks sketch challenge over at Lizzie Anne Designs is to totally step out of your comfort zone, and try a technique that you have never tried before!

I have never tried watercolor stamping or any kind of distressing ever! So I thought this was a great challenge for me....and here is what I came up with:

I actually sat down and watched a video tutorial on watercoloring and all the different ways to do it. There are so many ways I couldn't believe it!!

I first took a sheet of wax paper and marked it up with various shades of ink, to include tangerine, moss green, and a hint of yellow. I spritzed with water and stamped my image directly onto the wet ink. I then applied to my paper to achieve the watercolor effect.

I have no idea if this looks adequate or not....I would love to experiment more and really master this technique...very fun and very messy....lol! Love it!



Hope you enjoy!


Materials used:

Stamps: Far East and Say it in Script by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Papers: LAD/Bazzill and Papertrey Ink.

EK Success scalloped punch.

Twine and coordinating florals.

Large golden gem by K & Company.





4 comments:

Lucy, England said...

Beautiful Tiffany - love the effect. I've only coloured with watercolours before but they are so lovely and soft. Great card!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so beautiful, Tiffany! Love the design, simple and yet stylish!!

wendyp said...

I tried it with markers once and just could not get it to work, but this is GORGEOUS! Tiffany, your work is stunning!

ivwhy said...

turned out nice! can"t wait to see more!