Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pre-Party planning.....

Where has the time gone this week...seriously....it was just the weekend! Today's project is really a special one for me....I've told my family that I decided to throw a huge birthday bash for Chris this year when he turns the BIG '5'. I'm really excited because Chris has never had a big party yet.

A little nervous too, because you know how it is with any type of planning....not only do you want it to be perfect for the child but for your guests as well....the last time I planned something this big was for my wedding 6 years ago....soooo it's been awhile...lol.

Last year, I went with a cute little 'Party Animals" theme and it was so much fun! So I thought and thought....and here is the 2009 theme that I like and may very well go with as far as his invitations and party accessories, click on photo for larger image:

I may have to simplify some of the items when it gets down to the wire...I'd like to be able to mass produce without going insane...but not having to take away the fun details as well. It did take a lot of time do make this, so simplifying and altering around the items will be something to think about!

Here are several closeups - some great stamps from a birthday set from Hero Arts. This is the main invitation, I'll be able to fill in the date of the party after I finalize all that:
Here is a name placecard - that icecream stamp is so appealing...I love it!

The details on the party hat, to make the curly spritz at the top of the hat, I cut thin strips of assorted colored paper and curled them with my scissors:

The topper for the treat bag, I loved using that Martha Stewart Scallop edge punch on this one:

A simple little napkin ring holder - and the number 5 that I cut out...sad, I did not have any #5 stamps, die-cuts, or chipboards at all in my supply box! So I just trimmed out my own number 5.

Hope you've enjoyed this project. Have a wonderful day!!!



Materials used:


Papers: Classic Primary Colors.

Stamps and large red button: Hero Arts.

Martha Stewart scallop punch.

Making Memories pink button.

Assorted colored twine.

Cellophane bag.

Marvy circle punch.




2 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Chris is so lucky to have a super talented mom!! Lovely work, love everything!

ivwhy said...

great stuff! looks like a great start to a fun party!
will you just cringe when people just leaves all this stuff at the party after wearing the hat & stuff? i wonder if they know HOW much time, thought & love we put into handmade items?!