Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LAD Sketch #64....and some other fun goodies...

Hi all! Wednesday already? Pull up a chair and some coffee or whatever you please because this is a long one....I have lots of fun stuff to share today...first, HERE is the original sketch for this week's challenge over at LAD.

I made 2 different cards for this challenge. Here is my take on the first one, thought it would be fun to create a hot air balloon:

I kept the background of the card very simple so that the focus would remain on the image. It was great fun paper piecing the heart balloon and basket together!

And here is my second card:

I wanted to make some thank you notes for both of Chris' bus drivers....they do such a great job day in and day out of getting my son to school safely and back home again....they are so deserving of a thank you. Let me tell you a little about each one, such nice people! Chris' first bus driver in the morning is a lady who is just ALWAYS SO full of energy and happiness!!! I mean, seriously, I would love to have her energy at that time in the morning!

At 7:10 a.m. is when Chris has to be outside waiting for the bus, and on most occasions him and I are both half asleep....boy, I tell you, as soon as she arrives and opens that little door on the bus, she's just talking away and so vibrant! She's such a sweetie and she has the best coats!! Oh my!
Now his afternoon driver is a male and they have this little secret 'code' that they do after he drops Chris off......he makes his u-turn at the corner and then once the bus comes around again, he stops, honks the horn, and waves good-bye to Chris....likewise, Chris just stands there and waits for him to honk that horn! After that is all finished is when Chris is happy to walk away.....that horn needs to be honked or else Chris becomes a sad little boy! lol.....

And now on to my next project. Lots and lots of birthdays are coming up for me and my family and friends....and I love getting together new ideas for gift boxes and gift wrapping:
Here is a little gift box I made late last night, and yes, once again, you see the infamous purple and green that I've taken a liking to this year! I have this obsession with ribbon and cellophane and a lot of flowers! This would make a great gift for that favorite girlfriend of yours...a sister, your mom, or niece....mix and match the decorations and play it up with the ribbons!!! You can't ever get enough ribbons!

Here is a closeup of the bottom portion, I hand trimmed the large floral after stamping it:

And here is the top portion with the gift tag:


Enjoy your day!


Materials for cards:

Papers: My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey, and Making Memories.

Stamps: So Much Love, Things That Go, and Happy Harvest by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Ribbons: Papertrey Ink, Martha Stewart, and Making Memories.

Black gems by HA.



Materials for gift box:

Papers: Papertrey Ink.

Flowers: Prima and Hero Arts.

Stamps, pearl gems, and purple gems: Hero Arts.

Metal rim tag: Stampin' Up.

Martha Stewart edge punch.



5 comments:

pia overgaard said...

I love this gift wrapping, Tiffany. I am going to my sister -in law's birthday this upcoming weekend and I think I am going to make a similar wrapping. I love cellophane and ribbons! Thanks for sharing this great idea!!
Have a nice day.

Stamping Cafe said...

Wonderful cards and gift box, Tiffany! You always come up with beautiful designs, love them!

ivwhy said...

how thoughtful of you for chris' bus driver! and that is a gift in itself---the wrap on that birthday gift!! beautiful!

Stamping Cafe said...

I have an award for you on my blog, I hope you don't mind.

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE the top card - you are an expert designer - you have such creative ideas!! Beautiful!