Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Christmas in February....

I finally got around to my first Christmas 2008 layout:

After some procrastinating, I decided it was time to use some of my Christmas papers that weren't even touched yet.....I mentioned in my 'flickr' post of this same layout that Christmas photos for me are very hard to scrap....CHRISTMAS AND BIRTHDAYS!! You won't see too many scrap book pages from me when it comes to these 2 holidays....only because there is so much 'busy' background in these types of photos...

What do you associate these holidays with? Let's see, we've got lots of presents, probably a lot of food, boxes, gift wrapping, ornaments, balloons, and little friends running around everywhere? So when trying to capture a photo of the 'birthday' boy or him standing next to a Christmas tree, it's often hard to get that 'perfect' moment...

So I tinkered quite a bit with this layout and I think I like how it turned out...here is a closeup of some stamps I used - the JOY word was created with a large alphabet set that I just LOVE! It's such a versatile set and can be used for many different projects.


Hope you enjoy....Getting last minute details finished and then packing all the Valentine's goodies in Chris' backpack today....his V-Party is on Thursday....he has Friday off for President's day...what a lucky little guy!


Materials used:

Papers: Winter Wonderland/Bazzill by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Martha Stewart Holiday dimensionals.

MM rub-ons.



2 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Love the layout! Beautiful as always! I should hurry up and catch up with my photos too! :)

Savitri said...

This is another stunning one. Love all the paper and embellishments!!!