Monday, January 5, 2009

Whoooo....hoooooooo....

Did I hear kids are back in school? I belieeeeeve so.....YAY.....thus far, today was all about getting Chris back on the school bus, loads of laundry, cleaning, paper work, vacuuming, stamping, and making a yummy lunch for Chris and I.

Phew, it's been busy and I'm just now sitting down to share with you my stamping project I made:

I thought it would be fun to start off the year with a mini family calendar - I'm going to try my best to make all 12 months.....I may not post each month I make, maybe if I feel like it, but I definitely will try my best to complete this project for 2009. It will be fun and it will be a truly personal project for me behind the scenes!! :)

Here are some closeups - the top portion of the calendar:

The bottom portion:

And here is a close-up of the layered floral that I made:

Materials:


Stamps, clear gems, buttons, flowers, and felt snowflakes: Hero Arts.

Small buttons only: Making Memories.

Papers and some numeral stamps: Papertrey Ink.

Inks: fresh green, cyan, and black.
Chocolate ribbon by Papertrey Ink.

Scalloped edge scissors.

Ric-Rac by Martha Stewart.




3 comments:

Mary Perry said...

I love this!!!! What a great job you did, as always.

Our kids all had late start, which ticked me off a bit. I was already to start doing cheers. Oh, well, tomorrow.

I just really love seeing all your terrific art. Thanks for sharing.

ivwhy said...

great calendar! beautiful! you are so good about posting & listing all the supplies used. i am lucky if i get my post up within a week and i can't even remember what i used 1/2 the time!

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome calendar, love it! My older one is going back to school now, but I still have my two years old at home with me. So I still have to wait until they go to bed to be able to create. :)