Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Those eyelashes....

If you would have known what I went through to get this picture, you would have cried with overwhelming happiness with me by the time it was over....lol....

I love focusing in on specific features of Chris' face...because he just has these great features that I certainly don't!!! Last year, I did a layout story regarding his 'Big Brown Eyes' - some of you may remember that one...anyway, so today it was the eyelashes, another compelling feature of his!

I am learning new photography tricks each and every day - to get in really close on this shot, I had to first tickle him to get him to smile....whenever he gets tickled, he curls his little stomach in and points his head down and laughs....and BOOM...there was the opportunity to get those lashes! I was fortunate it did not come out blurry! Isn't it fascinating how us parents go through these treacherous means just to get certain photos of our children...hehehe..I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Here is the closeup of the sentiment, you may have to click to see the larger image:

And here are some fun embellies I used:


Enjoy this layout...it was so much fun to create! I have some more random shots I took of him and have altered to black and white to play with....just love experimenting with B & W photos nowadays....love the look that it gives! I'll be back with another layout with some similar photos!


Materials used:



Stamps and pearl gems: Hero Arts.

Papers: Chocolate Re-mix by Papertrey Ink.

Diecut chipboards by Colorbok.

Natural colored twine.

Inks: black and tangerine.

Round corner punch.




2 comments:

Mary Perry said...

WOW!!!! Tif, seeing his face just lifts up my heart. Sort of makes me miss my day care kids, sort of, LOL. I do miss the innocence, and the joy of childhood. Chris is just such a doll.

And, of course your layout is gorgeous. Love the colors.

BTW, I have been meaning to comment on the way you set up your shots of your work. Very professional.

Love you, sweetie

ivwhy said...

yes, i agree--- your photog skills arewonderful!nice styling!