Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hearts Flower Bouquet

Here's a new card to share with you....I'm really loving orange and pink together:

I wanted a very 3-dimensional look for my card and thought it would be fun to try this out. To make my floral bud, first I stamped 12 heart images and adhered them back to back with each other for a total of 6 remaining heart buds. After adhering, I arranged 3 hearts to each stem and glued them together. I punched a small hole in the middle and pulled through the floral wire.
You can get floral wire at most crafting stores.

Here is close-up of what the flower looks like when finished:

After I was done putting the flower and stem together, I then took some fun dark teal ribbon and tied on both stems to make it appear as the leaves. There are 2 leaves on the pre-made stems.

Here is a close-up of the heart flowers looking at them from the top:

The last and final step to adhering the flowers to the card: I placed a long white strip to the middle portion of the orange paper.

Leaving the middle portion unglued, I took the pink ribbon and wrapped under and around the white paper. I then took both ends of the ribbon and wrapped around both stems and tied 2 knots to make it sturdy....and voila~ your bouquet is securely fastened to the card.

I chose a fun sentiment to go with the flower and stamped it on the right hand side corner. And that was it.....



Enjoy!


Materials used:

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Papers: Summer Sunrise and white cardstock.

Inks: Black and bubblegum pink.

Ribbons by SEI and Making Memories.

2 pieces of floral wire.

Round corner punch.

5 comments:

ivwhy said...

so creative! i guess this card is a for sure hand delivery!!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is awesome, you are so creative!
Congratulations on you Hero Arts win, well deserved!!

I just tagged you, I hope you don't mind!

Jacqueline said...

Nice to know you have a blog - I have taken note of it! Such a gorgeous card and I love how you creatively did the flowers!

Anonymous said...

Good Article

Anonymous said...

I would like to more know about it. asthma