Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hand made owls

Today, I have lots of fun things to share with you....little tidbits is what I love the most....taking my papers and crafting tools and piecing together items to make a bigger object!

Since owls and other little critters are the 'in' thing right now, I thought I'd have my try at making my own little owl...here's what I came up with, these are tiny, 2" x 2" enclosure cards:

I'll list all the supplies I used to make the base portion of the owl on my "materials" list at the bottom. Here is a closeup of the stamps I used:

Just a little more detail shown here:

And finally, I wanted to also incorporate the little guy on a much bigger card, a 4" x 4" card, so I took one of the owls - took the back standing portion off, and directly adhered onto the larger card - I added some more stamps and another sentiment to complete the look:

Hope you've enjoyed it!



Materials used:


Papers: Pixie Dust and Dark Chocolate.

Stamps, heart gems, pink gems, white and cream florals: Hero Arts.

Hole punch (for the eyes).

Marvy oval punch (for the middle body of the owl).

Round corner punch.

Inks: light brown and pixie dust.






5 comments:

joslyn said...

WAY CUTE!!! so clever!

Mary Perry said...

Your owls are cuter than cute. How creative are you? You just really amaze me.

Stamping Cafe said...

The owls are just stinking cute!! Love them, you are so creative!

ivwhy said...

love your owls! so so creative!

wendyp said...

how stinkin CUTE!!!! love the owls!

i just saw your layout over at Hero Arts. CONGRATS!!!!