Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Orange Chocolate Blossoms....

Ok, so who says boys and flowers don't mix? ;)

I had 2 main ideas when I was starting to create this LO. 1) wanted to use chocolate and orange as my main colors with a hint of minty green, and 2) use lots and lots of florals!!!

Let's back track a little here....way back when I was first starting this whole scrap booking thing, I hesitated so much as far as integrating any type of 'girly' flowers or anything girly for that matter, when it came to making layouts with Chris as the subject matter. It just didn't seem right at the time....little boys had to be paired with little boy stuff like trains, cars, and robots...lol. Well, that is fine....don't get me wrong, there are plenty of 'guy' and 'manly' stamps out there that I truly love, but I kept asking myself the question of, "Why don't I feel comfortable putting flowers on my layouts with Chris?"

So it bothered me for a while until I started seeing other creations out there.....and they looked just so beautiful....then I completely changed my mind at that point.....I love to put flowers on everything and everywhere now, no matter what...lol!

Isn't it amazing how your creative style never ceases to change? Thank goodness for that! It's good to keep evolving and constantly trying new things and shuffling and changing old ones!

Let's move on, here is a closeup of some gorgeous flower stamps by Lizzie Anne Designs:

And for this close-up, this is actually funny....I've made a point to always finish my buttons...in whatever form possible! I never have been able to keep up with that due to time or a lack of supplies...whatever the reason was...I aim to decorate my buttons more now. :)

Hope you enjoy the LO, the flowers, my little guy....oh, speaking of him, I believe it is time for new photos again....


Materials used:


Stamps: Garden Isle, Floral Frenzy, and Le Jardin by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Papers: Making Memories, Chatterbox, Hero Arts, and Crate Papers.

Inks: tangerine, fresh green, and light brown.

Rub-ons by Winnie's Wall/SEI.

Ribbon by Martha Stewart.

Buttons by Making Memories.

Round corner punch.

Light beige twine.

Marvy and Giga scallop punches.



1 comment:

Stamping Cafe said...

Great LO, Tiffany! Love the colors, so yummy! Cute boy!