Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all.....AND the start of something sweet!!

To all my friends, families, and devoted readers who are celebrating the holiday season today - I wish you a much blessed holiday with much prosperity, love, family and togetherness, and patience for the new year! As much as we all love the festivities of good food, conversation, and many gifts....it's all more so about being with family and loved ones!

I added an x-mas album to the left nav bar entitled "Christmas 2008 - Part 1". These photos were taken here at our home. We'll be visiting my mom on Saturday, the 27th and having another party there, so I will have more pics for you to complete the remainder of the album. Enjoy!

Now on to some fun things I made late last night.....a petite Valentine's enclosure card and matching gift box to go with it:

I'm still playing around with some other ideas to decorate these little boxes...I thought it would be something nice to give to Chris' teacher and her aides for Valentines.

Here is the card:


Enjoy the remainder of this wonderful Christmas season....and stay safe!

Materials used:


Papers: Hero Arts and K & Company.

Stamps, sequins, and pearl gems: Hero Arts.

Making Memories buttons.

Inks: bubblegum pink and moss green.

Martha Stewart Ribbon.

Heart scallop punch.

Square scallop punch.




3 comments:

Mary Perry said...

Hey Sweetie, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm sure it was a ton of fun with Chris.

We had a fantastic time with the grandkids, and have more Christmas this weekend. Then, I hope to get back to some sense of normal.

Best wishes to you and yours!!

ivwhy said...

what great projects! i will have to ask you tips on how to take better pics cause my project pics never come out as clear as yours! well....they aren't as great either but that's another story! LOL!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Hi there. I just recently started following your blog and am just blown away with your creativity. You have definitely inspired me to hit up a scrapbook/craft store on my next paycheck! :)

I have 2 questions for you and look forward to your response. What size paper did you use to make this box? It looks bigger than most. I can make the smaller ones and would love to try making bigger gift boxes! (I'm really looking forward to Christmas THIS year!!)

My second question is pretty generic but what recommendations do you have for a "crafty" beginner (mainly tools but anything you would like to share is quite welcome)?

*Jenn