Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Make it pop!

Today's project features a lot of dimension!

I love, love making my own paper flowers at times.....I don't always do this, but when the time permits, it's fun to see what I can come up with. This flower is large, it's pretty big....about 4 1/2" in diameter.

To make the flower, I first used white cardstock and punched out 6 scalloped heart shapes. I then used one of my flourishes stamp and stamped each piece separately, covering the entire heart.

I let dry for just a few minutes (the wonder and awe of fast drying ink!).

I then took each heart piece and folded it gently in half. I placed 3 hearts on the bottom half and layered the remaining 3 hearts on top. I shaped and adjusted the placement of each heart to form the look of a flower. Adhered with glue and added the large brad in the center.

Below, a closer look at the stamping and showing the creases I made, not the best picture here, but you get the idea:


You can certainly make this flower any size you want depending on what you are making it for. The large flower also serves as a great gift box topper!

Smaller flowers are more ideal for adhering to cards that need to be mailed by the postal service.

This particular flower card would be more suited for hand delivery.


Have a great day!



Materials used:


Papers: Ba Ba Black sheep by Piggy Tales and Hero Arts.

Stamps: Fill your heart and Flower Paisley Background by Hero Arts.

Ink: Bright red.

Scalloped edge punch by MS.

Brad by Chatterbox' artsylicious collection.
Marvy scalloped heart punch.




No comments: