Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holiday Bird

Happy Saturday! So I'm back in the swing of things with some more fun Christmas stuff...here's a card I made last night....a little intricate:

I love staying up late on Friday nights and tinkering with my stamps.....I spent a little longer on this card than I usually do on most of my cards. This card was a fun challenge for me....I wanted to incorporate some non-traditional Christmas colors as well as use this wonderful bird stamp, which is originally from a Valentine's set...and turn it into a holiday bird!

Below, all the background papers and cut-out leaves are from an exquisite set of papers called Madera Island from SEI:

I also wanted to stamp a leaf directly underneath the bird's beak, to make it appear as if the bird was carrying the leaf. That was actually pretty difficult! Even with using a clear mount block, it was still tricky. After several mistakes, I finally got it placed near the bird's beak...lol. Very fun!
Here's a close-up of the tree branch stamp. In total, I used stamps from 4 different sets from Lizzie Anne Designs:


Hope you enjoy! Have a great day!


Materials used:


Stamps: Happy Harvest, L'Amour, Holiday Cheer, and Far East from Lizzie Anne Designs.

Papers: Madera Island - SEI.

Inks: light brown, red, and moss green.

Ric rac ribbon by Martha Stewart.

Scalloped edge punch.

Round corner punch.


No comments: