Monday, December 1, 2008

Didn't I tell ya?

....how fun this week was going to be? I mentioned in my last post that I will be producing non-Christmas projects all week long.....and also using some yummy stamps I've owned for quite a while and have never used....so without any more rambling....anyone in the mood for Valentine's yet?

Chris still has today off from school, so I stayed up pretty late last night making this Heart Scalloped Gift Box. It was sooo much fun to tinker with! I wanted to add a little more to the lid but kind of ran out of time and energy towards the end....lol! I may tweak it a little more later, but it is a fun idea that I got to work with.

Here is a closeup of the sentiment, ribbons, and all the cute stamps from Hero Arts:

Details....details...that's what makes creating so fun and definitely worth the amount of time:

Here is a little closeup of the lid and the base of the box. I actually created this box using 4 pieces of a scalloped heart chipboard. It is a heavy duty chipboard (Making Memories) that is strong enough as a base for holding all of your goodies! When I have some more time, I'll put up a tutorial on how I made the outside structure of the box....

Hope you enjoy! Lots more fun coming up this week...so join me!


In other news, my little one, as I recently found out has this obsession with Wall-E now! I never even knew he liked the toy or the movie. But I just bought him one of the white stuffed robots and he's so into it! He wants to carry it with him and place it at the dining table while he's eating! Now in my house....there shouldn't be any toys around the eating area....lol! So this must be a new thing going on with him...he wanted everything Wall-E in the store and last night, during his sleep....he murmured 'Wall-E' several times while sleeping...lol! I've never seen him sooo excited about a specific toy!


Yesterday was so very nice, did you all enjoy your weekend? I did! Hubby gave me a Sunday 'off' (meaning I got to forget about chores and responsibility) and it was a nice day out for me and my mom! It's great when he gives me that time off just to get away - girls only! Thank you hubby! ;)



Materials used:


Stamps: Fill your heart and Many Hearts by Hero Arts.

Papers and Ribbons: Martha Stewart.

Florals and gems by Hero Arts:

Inks: Fuschia, bright red, victorian rose, and bubblegum pink.

Scalloped Heart chipboards by Making Memories.





1 comment:

Stamping Cafe said...

Really nice, love it! Glad you had some "me time" with your mom!:)