Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An artist inspired layout....and a cute little owl!

Have you ever been inspired by others? I'm sure you have....we all have plenty of original ideas...but we also admire ideas of others and would like to incorporate their work into ours as well:

There is a digital scrap booking website that I visit frequently called Shabby Princess. I love the technique of digital scrap booking but have yet to try it myself. I've seen some fabulous designs out there...maybe someday....I'm still very much an old fashioned scrapper....love to touch...NEED to touch and feel the papers and embellishments that I'm using....so going digital would be very different for me!

The above layout was inspired by a layout that I fell in love with and knew I just had to lift it and see what I could come up with. You may view the original design HERE. I used my photo editor to alter the pictures of Chris to black and white.

Here's a close-up of the flowers, I simply used my marvy circle punch to create the big, red floral and center for placement of the buttons. I hand cut the leaves and stems also.

Isn't it just a wonderful design from them? I still think the original is way cuter than mine! Fun, fun!

On to other yummy stuff....here is a card I made just this morning for a Hero Arts Challenge:

The challenge this week is to make a card 'within minutes' - something fast - within 15-20 minutes. Now that's definitely my kind of area. I love working with fast and simple projects!

Hope you enjoy both the card and LO! Have a great Tuesday....can't believe it....short week for me! I'm still thinking today is Monday!!



Materials used for both projects:


Papers: Dill Blossom by SEI, Bazzill, and Hero Arts.

Stamps: Hero Arts - circular designs, fill your heart, many hearts, hello birdie, flower paisley background, tiny owl, and happy winter.

Sweet stamp by Heather Bailey.

Making Memories journaling tag.

Inks: black, crimson, dark brown, tangerine, and moss green.

Buttons by Hero Arts.

Black ribbons by Making Memories.

Rectangle and square scalloped punches. Marvy circle punch.




No comments: