Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh, Sweet Valentine!

2-14-09....We all know what that date is, don't we? ;) Here is the debut of my first Valentine project for '09.

I know, you're thinking that it is not even Christmas yet, but since I've already started rolling on my x-mas projects, (and I'll have more to show you within the coming weeks), I just couldn't help but dig out some of my Valentines Day products....so much fun!

For this layout, I wanted to concentrate on the following elements:

Keep it simple...clean lines...no fuss.
Use 2 major colors throughout the design - in this case, raspberry and chocolate...yum!
Use patterned paper to create symmetrical blocks.

I've had this little addiction with rub-ons lately, I'm not sure why! Below, I partially rubbed on these adorable flower stems directly onto the picture:


I'm trying not to be afraid of doing that....I know there's potential for mistakes...and trust me, I do make a lot of mistakes with rub-ons. I'm always afraid if I rub directly onto the photo, that if I mess up, I would have to start over again....but there are easy ways to correct little errors. If you goof up with a rub-on, you can use tape to gently pick at any unwanted pieces. This usually works. If that does not work and you don't want to start all over, try covering up the mistake. You can cleverly hide an error by using small embellishments such as a flower, brad, buttons, and even gems.

For the below photo, I used some new stamps from Stampin' Up:

Enjoy! And have a wonderful Monday!


Materials used:


Papers: Woodland Papers by Martha Stewart.

Rub-ons by Fancy Pants Designs.

Rub-ons by Holidoodles/Imaginesce.

Heart shaped gems by Hero Arts.

Clear Crystal Hearts by Prima.

Scalloped Edge Punch by Martha Stewart.

Love words heart, date stamp, and sentiment by Stampin' Up.

No comments: