Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A little shimmer for your day....

I rarely ever use metallic gold or silver ink on any of my projects because it is so difficult to capture its brilliance on paper especially when you try to take a photo of it, so hopefully, I was able to capture the 'goldness' in this card for you:

It took me a lot longer to make than I had originally planned for this card - over an hour. I don't like to spend that much time on a card....lol!

The leaves that I created for the wreath were inked....and then stamped in a circular shape...I actually had to use a smaller leaf stamp to 'fill' in the areas that didn't give me the perfect shape that I wanted. I kept 'filling' in until I liked the shape.

I used a leaf punch and a regular hole punch to create the holly's.


Enjoy!


Materials used:


All stamps: Hero Arts.


Papers: Hero Arts and Making Memories.


Heart gem by Hero Arts.


Inks: Metallic gold, black, and frost white.


Ribbon by Making Memories.


Rectangle scalloped punch.

No comments: