Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Holiday Glow

Before I even get to my projects....I just have to say...WOW.....it is of monumental proportions....history has been forever etched in the most historical U.S. Presidential election ever! Despite the daily grind of yesterday, I still managed to peek in on the news every hour to see the latest polling results. It is truly amazing....isn't it? To be alive and sitting here in this century and witnessing this groundbreaking moment with millions of other people around you!

Chris was not too thrilled when I kept tuning away from his cartoon channels to the news channel....but he will know...someday....when he is old enough to understand and learn about it in school....he will know the meaning and significance of this years election....

Let's get to my latest card that I made last night, it has been awhile since I've taken out some of my favorite papers from SEI, especially this collection:

I gave my snowman a warm, pink glow along with the red color. I also used my glitter pen to make frosted snow surrounding him...he's so cute!

I hand cut this holly shape using some Making Memories paper:

For this card, I totally went out-of-the-box a bit, would never think of using black for a holiday card, but I really like how this color combination of black, red, gray, and green turned out:

Enjoy! I'm off to watch some more news coverage!



Materials used:


Papers: Black Orchid by SEI. Fa La La by Making Memories.

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Inks: Bubblegum pink, red, celadon, black, light blue, and fresh green.

Sakura glitter gel pen.

Brads by Chatterbox's artsylicious collection.

Holiday florals by Making Memories' Flower Shop collection.


1 comment:

Annamarie said...

Nice work Tiffany…. You are amazingly talented. Too got some of beautiful designs in holiday photo cards at Vista Print.