Monday, November 17, 2008

Do we have a Birthday Boy in the house?

The month of November brings us many special things.....the official ringing in of the fall season....the Thanksgiving holiday is just days away and brings together the warmth of family and friends....it's a time to be with one another and rejoice and reflect.....it's a time for gratitude....

But November, for me, is especially heartwarming because Christopher was born in this month....the very last day of the month to be exact....and I remember holding him in my arms and thinking how tiny he was....just a mere 6 lbs....so very little....

And now, he will be turning 4-years-old - the mark of a new milestone. Another milestone that will bring many more surprises for us! To mark the upcoming occasion, I thought I'd make a little something for him that is fun....he will like it! He will probably try to tear it up first! But if I know him better than anyone else, I know what he LOVES the most as far as Birthday cakes!!! I must say CHOCOLATE ranks #1 in his eyes!

So Chris, I present to you your chocolate cake with blue 'frosting':

No, it isn't shaped like Mickey Mouse or Yo Gabba Gabba, or the Backyardigans, or Lightning McQueen, or Go Diego...or any of those cartoon characters that you love.....for that would be some complexity for mommy to muster up.....lol.....but it is definitely made with you in mind and definitely with your favorite flavor too!

Here is a closeup of the trimming I did at the bottom of the cake, I used a circular border punch to create the faux doily:


Fun, fun! There will be more surprises coming up for his Birthday countdown!


Happy Monday!


Materials used:


Papers: Martha Stewart.

Prima Hybrid florals.

Lily of the Valley leaves.

Circle border punch.

Blue flowers by Hero Arts.

Pearl gems.

Two round gift boxes.



No comments: