Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Meet Mr. Top Hat Scarecrow...

This is a great decorative item you can make as a table centerpiece or display virtually anywhere in your house! Your kids can join in with you and help you....lots of fun!

Give yourself some time to assemble though, it took me approx. two hours. The entire ensemble was made by simply cutting various size portions of paper. I loved using thin strips of yellow paper for his hair.

For his hat, I used my fingers to gently crinkle the bottom portion. I cut out leaf shapes and added a swirl die-cut on the side of the hat.

And even scarecrows can get pretty cold out there in the dark woods....so I gave him a scarf to keep him warm.


Enjoy!


Materials used:


Papers: K & Company. Me & My Big Ideas. Basic Fall Colors.


Brad by Making Memories.


Adhesive ribbon by K & Company.


Brads by SEI.




No comments: