Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Little Blue Overalls

Our children are always a great source of inspiration for us....I know for me, especially, I get tons of inspiration just from being with my son Chris, interacting w/him, all his toys, his clothing, the silly things he says, and even everything from the books that he reads to the shows that he watches on t.v. - all these things inspire me to create ~ for example, something like this:

that came from this:The only difference with my design is that I made the shirt sleeve short instead of long like his actual outfit. Other than that, I tried to match the entire look of the overalls.

Another photo of him with the same outfit. He was just barely a year old, I believe, in these photos. Isn't he a cutie?

Do you have a favorite clothing item that your children wear, perhaps it is something current or something very old and no longer exists like the overall that Chris wore in these photos! Pick out a favorite item that belongs to your child and try to re-create it on paper....have fun with it!


Materials used:

Papers: Me & My Big Ideas, Bazzill, and Hero Arts.
Animal cracker buttons by Making Memories.




No comments: