Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Holiday Puppy....and....my big, red tomato?

I have two projects for you today....just some fun stuff. First is a box topper with a stamped image of this cute little guy:

I stamped the festive dog onto white cardstock and added some rub-on characters and letters. I layered the white cardstock onto a red sheet of paper and then adhered onto the top of the lid. Very easy to do and it dresses up the box nicely. The box was made using one of my favorite box templates!

I also used some scallop edges on the bottom of the lid for added detail:

Now on to my next project which has nothing to do with Christmas, Halloween, or anything for that matter...just whimsical.....so do you remember the pumpkin tutorial I did a while back? Where I used strips of paper to make my pumpkin? Well, I used the same format, but instead turned it into a big, ripe tomato:


I'm known for making food items and I thought it would be fun to try another amazing food product....the tomato....ahhh....my favorite....love to put tomatoes in almost everything I eat...it is the ultimate fruit....technically a fruit ...not a veggie....but I still think of it as a vegetable....the best use for a tomato is definitely for making juicy salsa! Mmmm....yum! Now I'm getting hungry!
Enjoy.....for the remainder of the week....I get to play with some of my Stampin' Up products so I'm really looking forward to that. Have a super Wednesday!



Materials used:

Gift Box

Papers: Solid Red and Cream. White cardstock. Me & My Big Ideas.

Stamp: Inkadinkado.

Rub-ons: Fresh paint by K & Company.

Inks: Black, light brown, red, yellow, moss green, light gray.

Scallop edges by Martha Stewart.



Tomato

Papers: solid red, green, and brown.

Two brads by SEI.

1 comment:

Ms. Tee said...

I stumbled onto your blog and I have to tell you that your banner is probably the cutest one I've ever seen! :)