Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Owl-O-Ween.....and some miniature surprises...

For this card, I was going for a look that was in-between Halloween and Fall...I love this owl:

Here is the entire card:

I'm soo, soo excited for tonight! Are you? This is probably one of the rare days in the year in which I actually want LESS hours in a day so that night time will hurry and get here....lol! Kids are all excited because they know they're going to get lots of candy tonight and that's probably the part that parents aren't too excited about, but oh well, it's the tradition of it all, right? ;)

In addition to the card, I also made some fun, mini candy holders. These can also be name tags or placecards if you wish, but I essentially used my giga scallop punch to punch out two circles, I lined 2 small cardboard flaps on the inside so that it would stand up and has a small partition for enclosing some candy....just something fun:

Closeup of the birdies:





Here is a non-Christmas theme:


I'll be back later on today with, hopefully, some more projects and pictures of Chris' trick-or-treating tonight!



Materials used:

Papers: Happy Day Collection by Chatterbox. Boho Chic by Making Memories.

Felt birds by Jenni Bowlin.

Glitter flower, Hibiscus flower, and Christmas floral by Making Memories Flower Shop.

Fall rub-ons by Piggy Tales.

Owl and tree die-cuts by Chatterbox.

Artsylicious brads by Chatterbox.

Stamps by Stampin' Up.

Ribbons by Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater Collection.

Crystal gems by Hero Arts.


No comments: