Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Curled Christmas Tree and Gifts

The level of difficulty with this project is pretty low, but overall assembly time is around an hour, at least it was for me:

For the base of the tree, I used a 10" x 10" sheet of paper and folded it into a cone shape. With the base standing upright, I then adhered all of my strips using assorted holiday papers. I cut each strip of paper approximately 2" x 1" to 4" x 1". The longer strips were used at the bottom of the tree layer and I would decrease the length of my strips as I went up the tree. I used my scissors to gently curl upright all of my strips before adhering them one layer at a time.

To finish off the look, I used a small ribbon that resembles 'tinsel' and wrapped it all the way around the tree. A little blue and white snowflake diecut sits at the top.

I thought it would be fun to add some gift wrapped presents to the tree, too! Each miniature box is 2" x 2" and is wrapped with some musical notes paper. I tied each box with coordinating ribbon:


Enjoy!



Papers, ribbons, by Making Memories.

Snowflake diecut by K & Company.






No comments: