Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Be creative in 20 - Final Day....and.....a Cinderella inspiration!

So today is the last day in my series of 'how-to-be-creative' in a very short amount of time. This last project literally only took me 10 minutes to make, I thought it turned out cute and I like the blend of colors:


Materials for this card include:


All papers, ribbon, and tags by SEI's Paisley and Petals Collection.



So it is officially October now....yay! I love this month and I love Halloween because it is just too much fun for kids as well as adults! And as I sat down a few weeks ago to think about how my banner would look, I thought about all the colors that encompass Halloween.....so let's see, we have mostly black, orange, yellow, green, and purple. I had put together some rough layouts utilizing all these colors and then I ended up not liking them at all! It was too dark and I decided I did not want to stick it out a whole month looking at a rather dark website...lol...so it was back to the drawing board....I brainstormed forever....and no matter what colors I put together, it just never looked right.

Finally, one day....I was watching the Disney channel with Chris and all of a sudden, they were advertising a DVD release of the classic fairy tale story - Cinderella. Bingo! There was my inspiration. That was it! I knew exactly what I was going to make and the colors that would be used. I really hope you love the Princess Carriage that I came up with. Enjoy!


Materials used for the banner include:


Papers: Windsor Collection and Eerie Alley by SEI.

Flourish rub-ons by Me & My Big Ideas.

Large Foam Pumpkin.

Prima's say it with crystals.

Coaster tags by SEI.

Animal Cracker buttons by Making Memories.

Marvy circle punch.






No comments: