Friday, September 12, 2008

Travel Keepsake Box

I said I was going to rest from crafting today, but somehow, that just didn't happen.......it turned out little Chris had a minor runny nose today at around 3:00 p.m. so I gave him some Tylenol and some cuddly hugs...poor thing....he fell asleep right away.

I'm pretty sure he was just exhausted from the entire week of school and it just consumed him today. It's tough for these little kids to get back into the swing of school again, especially after a long summer break!

Anyway, so while he was sleeping, I got in some creating time and made a really quick and cute little keepsake box:

This box has a travel theme to it and is great for a recipient who has just come home from a faraway destination. Travelers and vacationers tend to pick up so many little knick knacks as souvenirs along the way....and what better way to store all of the smaller souvenirs than these handy little boxes.

Here is a gift tag to go with the box:

I used bits and pieces of different traveling themed papers to decorate the outside of the box - I love the snippet of Paris, France on this one:


So glad the weekend is here! I hope you all have a good one!



Materials used:


Papers: Journaling Stamp by K & Company. Passport Collection by Making Memories.

5th Avenue ribbon by Making Memories.

Chipboard by Heather Bailey.

Paper florals by K & Company.

Well worn tags by MM.






No comments: