Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fa La La.....A Birthday.....#200.....and he ate what?

Wow! I have tons of fun stuff to talk about today! First of all, a great, big, HUGE Happy Birthday wish to my husband! Yay! He is two years younger than me...and we always joke with each other on this subject. We always say something like this, "When I'm 71 years old, you will only be 69!" LOL. We're always teasing each other!

Let's get to the project that I made last night. I used a lot of new papers and embellishments from MM's new Fa La La collection:

A tin Christmas goodie can and an enclosure card to go with it. Very simple and festive!

To make this flower accent below, I used 2 snowflake shapes and layered them together. I then took the green ric rac ribbon and actually tied it to the snowflakes. I adhered a small dimensional flower right in the middle of the bowtie:

Here are some more holiday stamps from HERO ARTS:


I'll list the materials used for this project in a bit. But for now, just wanted to say that I'm super thrilled that I reached my 200th post....whoohooo ~ it's exciting for many reasons.....200 may not seem like a lot of posts for some bloggers....but my case is a little different....you see, I had another blog about a year-and-a-half ago. It was my original blog and I had spent so much time and energy on it. For personal reasons, it was terminated and I was very sad to see it go away.

It was very much a part of my life, my DAILY life, everything I did and felt...it was my personal journal that was created just for me!

So after awhile, I knew I could not live without having another blog in which I would be able to creatively express myself once again! I started a new blog, THIS one...and pretty much had to re-construct everything with a few minor changes. I basically started all over again in March 2008. It was a hard process but it was my redemption....it was getting back to something fun and exciting to me, it was having, again, something that was uniquely me....a personal forum...a quiet space in which I could reveal my thoughts, my hopes, and my future goals. A place for me to share with all of you my lifestyle and my family.

So I am most proud of the accomplishment that has been put into it since March...and a lot of inspiration from others that have come along the way! 200....very special for me indeed! I need to celebrate with some cake or something. ;)



And to top off today's post, this is also quite a milestone - Chris was eating lunch yesterday and he FINALLY put 2 pieces of broccoli in his mouth, squirmed a little and squinted his cheeks - and the pure excitement in which I witnessed this feat was just too much for me to handle! OMG, he ate his broccoli!!!!!!! I have been trying desperately to get him to eat his veggies for a long time now....ahha, the saga!


Have a great day everyone!



Materials used for the project:


Papers, 5th avenue ribbons, 3-dimensional florals, Christmas tags, snowflakes, and border frames by Making Memories.

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Inks: Aqua blue, red, celery, light pink.

Giga scallop punch.






No comments: