Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A card....and a little tweaking here and there.....

I would have to say this is a very non-traditional card, totally out-of-the box, it's fun to play around with my styles....I like having no rules:

So yesterday, I was working on my blog, and I decided to add some accents to it and create a background....boy, I tell you, I worked on it for quite a while before I got a fun background design that I actually liked and felt comfortable with. I really wanted some colors that were smooth and easy-on-the eyes....colors that went well with my banner. I wanted the entire design to have an autumn look....and I think I finally achieved it after a long bout of mixing and matching different colors. I think I'm satisfied with how the layout looks now! :)

This was a free background that you can download HERE. Check it out! There are some really nice designs and styles to choose from and it doesn't have to cost you a bundle!


Enjoy! Tomorrow's post will be a special one for me....and you'll see why when you read what I have to say and why it will be meaningful for me....can you guess what it is? Tune in soon!



Materials used:


Papers: Me & My Big Ideas. White cardstock.

Stamps: Happy Harvest collection from Lizzie Anne Designs.

Inks: Bright yellow, English red, brown, orange, moss green, bright green, and black.

Flower and button by Hero Arts.

Pumpkin scroll ribbon.

Round corner punch.


No comments: