Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Butterfly...

I was at my niece's house the other day and she called out my nickname, simply during a random conversation. At that moment, an idea struck my mind and I knew what the subject of my next layout would be...isn't it fascinating how inspiration comes to us in so many simple ways? Here is the layout:

Up until now, you may have a pretty good idea of who I am, what it is that I love to do, what fascinates me, and for the most part....the subject of many of my ideas are my family...my son! But there are some personal things about me that I don't think I've ever revealed, or I may have revealed but certainly not in detail. For instance, I've never really discussed about my heritage, my background...where I'm from....or the many names I've had.

I was born in Saigon, Vietnam and moved over here to the United States at the young age of 5. I've always had a little nickname that everyone knows about in my family. It is a name that has withstood many generations and, to this day, is still used!

The journaling note here will tell you my story:

"butterfly.....it's who I am! When I was a child, my mom gave me the nickname "Buom", which in the Vietnamese language stands for a butterfly! She told me once that when I was learning how to walk that I would put out both of my arms in a horizontal position, flap them up and down, and would start walking side to side with my legs, hence, I looked just like a butterfly....how funny, isn't it? How meaningful a name really is? To this day, family and loved ones still call me by my nickname...this name will always hold a special place in my heart...it will always be ME!"

Here is a closeup of the butterfly....I cut out two pieces using a JB template. I then layered the pieces and used my fingers to gently 'fold' upwards the top butterfly only. I adhered some pearl accents in a vertical row to finish off the look:

Love these 4" x 6" frames by SEI:

Do you have a nickname or a special name that is significant and unique to you and your family?



Hope your day is wonderful!



Materials used:

SEI: Windsor Paper Collection, border stickers, dimensional florals, ribbon, and frames.

Pearl accents.

Butterfly papers by Me & My Big Ideas.

Doodlebug chocolate loopy love letters.

Butterfly template by Jenni Bowlin.

Aqua florals by Prima.

Orange flourish paper.








1 comment:

Sasha said...

This is beautiful and congrats on MM blog LOVED your LO