Friday, September 5, 2008

The beauty inside....

Whenever I start a layout...I always look at my cardstock first and determine which pieces I will use before I choose my photo. In most cases, I like my photo colors to match my papers:

In this case, the gorgeous collection of papers from Making Memories has just the perfect touch of femininity that I wanted to use a pretty photo of my mom to go with it! Thanks mom ~ for letting me use your wonderful photo and for your inspiration that led me to create this layout.

The theme for this layout is, "What is beauty?" Beauty is many things....it is however you envision it through your eyes and your heart, do you see beauty on the outside....the inside....or do you feel beauty from both? From people, to objects, to your environment...where does beauty take you and how do you define it? Taking the photo of my mom and putting it together with the Paperie Collection gave me enlightenment as how I view the definition of beauty....simply HER....she is beauty....

Here are the closeups:

I love these new shimmery alpha letters from Making Memories' new Christmas collection:

Enjoy your Friday!



All products by Making Memories:


Papers: Artisan Solid Fa La La and Rouge Paperie Collection. Jumbo Pink and White Blossoms. Brad, ribbon, journaling tag, floral paper clip, shimmer alpha letters from Fa La La.






No comments: