Saturday, September 27, 2008

Be creative in 20 - Day 3

If you are a frequent visitor of my blog, then you probably know that I have this horrible weakness for chocolate...it's quite a heavy addiction in which I need my chocolate on a regular basis....everything from cakes, cupcakes, to candy and icecream! If chocolate is not a main ingredient...I get a little weepy. ;)

So in lieu of this love that I have, I decided to make these - some Chocolate and Orange Creme Petits Fours:

I love orange flavored everything too! I used the same box tutorial as my last post, except instead of making a complete box, I only had to make the top portion to resemble a tiny little square, and hence, the shape of a 'petits fours'.

I also had to cut the sheets of paper much smaller in order to make it so tiny. Folding the small 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" paper was a unique challenge. All in all, I was able to make eight little 'treats' and decorate with a small floral and pearl accent on top to resemble the touch of frosting!

Here is a box lid that I made to match the entire ensemble:

Or perhaps you like your chocolates displayed on your favorite dessert stand?

Another close-up:


I had a lot of fun making these. Too bad they are not edible. ;) Enjoy the start of your weekend!

We don't really have anything special planned as far as the family, but I'm sure Chris will want to get out of the house now since he's feeling a little better - he had a minor cold all week long. He was still able to go to school all 5 days though, what a trooper!



Materials used:

Papers: Windsor Collection and Paisley and Petals Collection by SEI.

White blossoms by Making Memories.

Pearl accents.

Decorative box - I used an empty embellishment box from K & Company.

Circle and square scallop punch.

No comments: