Friday, September 26, 2008

Be creative in 20 - Day 2

I needed some small gift boxes, but instead of getting pre-made boxes, I wanted to hand make them. Here are two boxes I made from 4 sheets of paper - 2 for the lid, and 2 for the bottom:

There are many box templates you can use out there on the internet to make your own box, but I like using Nichole Heady's tutorial for her Easy Fold Origami Box. If you follow this tutorial, it is very simple to understand and you'll be able to create the perfect box each time!

After I finished constructing the boxes, I decorated them:

Here are some close-ups:

For this one, I wanted to tie the ribbon at a different angle before adding my accent piece:

Enjoy your Friday!


I have a 'yummy' surprise for you for tomorrow's project...it's a cute one! :)



Materials used:

Papers: Soft Spoken by Me & My Big Ideas.

Butterfly and floral chipboard by K & Company.

Ribbons and jumbo blossom by Making Memories.

Tag by Hero Arts.







No comments: