Sunday, September 7, 2008

Are you in the mood....

...for pumpkin pie? It never has to be the fall season in order for me to dig into some yummy pumpkin pie, it seems to be all seasons for me:

But just the fact that I see pumpkins all around me and knowing that Thanksgiving will be here so very quickly, the temptation to go out and buy a pumpkin pie sounds delish!!

Speaking of food (my 2nd favorite interest following paper..lol), my mom and I enjoyed a day out together yesterday and ate at one of our favorite Vietnamese Restaurants.....yum....she had the infamous 'beef noodle bowl', in Vietnamese, it is called Pho Dac Biet. It is a hot soup which includes a variety of meats, noodles, vegetables, fresh leaves, bean sprouts, and flavorful spices. It is a very popular dish and is made super quick for those who just can't wait to get their food! :)

I had the diced beef dish with rice - Bo Luc Lac - a very soft and tender, filet mingnon type of meat is used and mixed with many spices and grilled onions. It is specifically diced into small cubes and served with a side of fresh uncooked vegetables, soy sauce, and steamed rice...oh my, I'm really getting hungry now!!!

I actually found this really cool blog in which you can see photos of the above mentioned dishes...if you're interested, it is called Wandering Chopsticks. This blog also showcases a variety of foods from different cultures....so delicious and informative...


Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'll try to get in some more crafting time today...whohooo!



Materials used:


Papers: Dark chocolate and mocha.

Inks: Mocha.

Small styrofoam balls for the whipped cream.



Fun, fun!


No comments: