Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3

I got to take out some books last night and read...oh my gosh, that is something very rare that I get to do nowadays...to actually sit down and flip through a book or magazine...virtually unheard of....but last night, I had some down time and was reading a bit....then I started flipping through some of my idea books that I've hoarded over the years and have kept in my closet.

I saw this wonderful layout in a Making Memories idea book entitled, "Decorate Life: Scrapbook". The layout shows you how to use a technique called 'creative cropping'. Essentially, taking your photos and cropping them very long and vertically, and purposely cutting out some of the photo for a very visual and dynamic effect.

I loved the layout...it was sooo gorgeous that I knew I just had to create my own version of it....and without further a do...here is my layout:


The theme is about FAMILY. My sentiment reads as follows:

"It's just the three of us....we're small...we like it that way....we spend a lot of time together doing fun stuff. In the midst of all the fun, we also work a lot...ok, the two adults that is! We laugh together...we play together, and we also test each others patience! Chris goes to daddy for the rough and tumble play...he runs to mommy whenever he wants something he shouldn't have...lol...and I tend to give in. We are a family that will never stop growing intellectually and spiritually, we will always strive to stick together and do our very best!"


Enjoy and have a great day!



Materials used:


Papers: White cardstock. Me & My Big Ideas.

Felt flower, blue polka dot flower, and button by Making Memories.

Paper Flower by K & Company.

Stamps by Heidi Swapp.

Inks: Versafine Black.

No comments: