Thursday, August 21, 2008

A tutorial for my whimsical pumpkin!

I made a fun little pumpkin that you can use as a display for virtually anywhere in your house...you can make several of these and in all different sizes for a centerpiece too.


Step 1:

I took a piece of 12 x 12 deep burnt orange paper and cut out 1" strips - approx. 9" long. You can vary the length and width of your strip depending on how small or big you want your pumpkin to look. Line them all up in a stack and punch a hole on both ends of each strip. Take a brad and insert through the end of one hole only.

Next, the colored side of the paper should be facing down, fan out all the strips in a circular field as you see here in this photo:

Step 2:

Next, take the ends of strip with the remaining hole punches and gently curl upwards towards the center, placing each strip underneath another brad:

Step 3:

After all strips are in place, secure firmly with the brad, you should now have this look:

Step 4:

Fan out the individual strips to your desired shape:

Step 5:

Finish off the look by adding some green leaves, I hand cut my own shapes here and then I used a piece of mocha colored paper for the stem:


That's it! Very fun to make and a great project for your little ones to get involved with too!
Enjoy!

Materials used:


Papers: Fall Collection from Me & My Big Ideas.

Brads: Making Memories.

No comments: