Saturday, August 23, 2008

The power of discovery.....and an early Birthday surprise!

I love the look on a child's face when they have just discovered something new - a discovery that promotes such awe and fascination on their little faces! For Chris, that 'look' of fascination is inevitable every time. His adorable brown eyes become so wide and then he has this stare on his face that is so cute! It's a look that mommy loves so much:

That's why I can't wait for school to start again.....that power of learning, discovering, and exploring is so important...and he reaps in joy whenever he comes home from his day and shares with me everything that he has seen, touched, and sensed! It's really an awesome accomplishment for the child and an even greater feeling of joy for the parent, isn't it? To watch your child grow intellectually, in so many ways that you can't even imagine!

Love those eyes:

This layout (as well as some older layouts that I've done) pretty much encompasses all the facets of discovery that Chris embarks on in his daily activities. Hope you enjoy!

Today, we are all going out to celebrate my b-day, it actually isn't until next week, but my hubby and I have this tradition that if our b-day's fall on a week day, that we always celebrate either the weekend before or after...lol. It's hard to do anything on the weekdays since he is gone most of the time.

We'll hit our favorite restaurants and I specifically requested one thing afterwards - a HUGE slice of double chocolate cake! I gotta have my cake...lol...it's a must...an addiction if you will.....but birthdays are always special...what is a birthday without cake???

My hubby also surprised me with an early gift...I wasn't expecting it until much later....ofcourse, he got me the PINK one:
I desperately needed a new laptop, my old one was kind of falling apart and THIS one, I vow that Chris will not touch! I must keep this one away from him at all costs...lol! It will be nice to finally have back four keys that I was missing, my tab button, the caps lock, the letter q, and the letter w key! Oh, how nice it will be!



Here are the materials used for the layout:


K & Company: Upper case chipboard letters and numeral, floral buttons, and ribbon trim.

Papers: Bazzill Basic Scallops and Making Memories.

Large paper flowers and tag/frame by Making Memories' Hullabaloo collection.

Red Loopy Love letters by Doodlebug.

Giga scallop punch.

Butterfly chipboard by Heather Bailey.





No comments: