Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get ready for a fun Flower Tutorial!

I rarely do tutorials...every once-in-a-while....only because they take a lot of time, construction, and layout of each photo. But today, I had some time and wanted to do one....they are so much fun because you get to see the entire process....

No peeking at the bottom! LOL. Here are the steps for making this floral topper.


Step 1:

Start with a large marvy circle punch and punch out one circle...you choose the desired patterned paper:

Step 2:

You will end up punching out a total of 6 circles. Arrange them in a daisy pattern as shown below:

Step 3:

Take a medium sized circle punch and punch out 5 more circles using a different colored cardstock:

Step 4:

Take each piece and fold at an angle the top left and right side as shown:

Step 5:

Begin adhering on top of the base one at a time:

Step 6:

Keep adhering to the base until you've completed another daisy shape entirely:

Step 7:

It gets more fun! I took a chartreuse colored paper and hand cut my own leaf design. I adhered it on top of the orange petals.
Step 8:

Continue with step 7 until you've adhered all the leaves:

Step 9:

Here is where you get to stack all sorts of flowers and embellishments of your choice. I layered two paper florals, one orange polka-dotted and one dark green floral:

Step 10:

Next, I cut out some individual ribbon strips, no longer than 3 inches:

Step 11:

Fold and staple the ends of each ribbon strip as shown. You may use any other type of hand fastener if you like:

Step 12:

Place accordingly on top of the layered flowers:

Step 13:

And the last piece of embellishment I used was a blue floral that I placed and secured on top of the ribbon. Voila! Your hand made flower is finished!

Step 14:

Using a cute little box I found, I tied a fuschia colored ribbon across the center of the box and secured my floral topper. Use a clip or tie to secure your flower.

Here is another view of the box decorated and ready to give to your recipient. I love that pink ribbon! Goes so well on top of that black lid! Gorgeous!


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did....have a great day everyone!
Materials used:

Papers: Heather Bailey and Me & My Big Ideas.
Florals: Prima.
Small ribbon: Heather Bailey.
Gift Box: SEI.
Accessories: Large and medium marvy circle punch.



1 comment:

Valerie Salmon said...

Hi Tiffany, very clever! The flower is just gorgeous! Nice job.