Friday, July 11, 2008

all smiles...

This card says exactly how I feel today.....all smiles...happy, happy! I think it has just been a very productive and successful week. I count my many blessings when I can get productive weeks in!

Still love to use these trinket pins in some of my designs:

IN OTHER NEWS:

So my hubby and I bought the High School Musical video awhile back thinking Chris might enjoy watching it when he is a little older, lo and behold, last night, he just took the DVD out of its case and started watching it....he loves the music and all the dancing!! He may not understand the story line but he definitely gets into all the singing they do! He even watched 'Camp Rock' on Disney the other night and he even says, "We ROCK", in a really high and loud pitch everytime the music video comes on - Oh, if you could only see him and listen to him say the words, it's just adorable! Really cute! So I officially have a 3 1/2 year-old turning 6 and acting like he owns the world! :)

Some other fun stuff coming up, my high school...uh ummm...20th year high school reunion is coming up ~ 20, wow, I'm getting up there...and I'm way excited! I'm helping out a bit with the reunion committee members and making some items to donate.....so I'll be working behind the scenes in getting everything ready, in addition to my regular projects. I won't be able to show you anything that I'm making for the reunion until afterwards! So bear with me and you'll get to see some pics sometime in early August.

July has just started but I'm already gearing up for August as far as activities for Chris - yikes! After his summer school comes to an end, I'm going to get him signed up for some Gymboree activity classes - a tad expensive...but oh well, what can you do? Not a lot of free stuff out there and you must keep these kids busy!!! I already checked into YMCA and Boys and Girls Club - but they don't accept kids under 5 years old...bummer! 3-4 yr. olds are in a tight spot and I really feel that the community/city should have more programs that are catered to this age range. Hopefully in the future.


Enough yacking, I must get going. Enjoy the card. Here are all the materials used:



Papers: Ally's wonderland, Cupids Candy Shop, and Kitty's Place by SEI.

Vintage trinket pin by Making Memories.

Double sided adhesive foam.

1/16" hole punch.

Corner punch.

Floral by Hero Arts.

Cardstock tags by SEI.

Scallop scissors.

Purple grosgrain ribbon.

Bright floral brad by Making Memories.


No comments: