Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Party Dress

Back in May, I had made a wedding dress out of an embossed sheet of white paper....I had such fun making it that I decided I wanted to make another piece of 'clothing'. This time, however, I wanted something summery looking and chose a pink and cantaloupe color combination.

I also thought it would be super fun to put the entire completed dress on a Barbie doll:

For the details on her hair, I used a very small paper flower and crystal and clipped it through the hair. I also used a dust pink ribbon to tie her hair into a side ponytail:

I love the details of the necklace below....what is Barbie without some jewelry?

For the purse below, I hand cut the shape using 2 types of colored cardstock, a paper flower, adhesive crystals, and some double sided adhesive foam:

Enjoy! To all the ladies out there, hope you find that perfect dress for your summer fun!


Materials used include:


Papers: Ally's Wonderland and Kitty's Place by SEI. Bazzill stitched pink.

Florals by Hero Arts.

Maddi and Brooke ribbons by Making Memories.

Crystals by Hero Arts and Prima.

Small white/pink flower (her bracelet) by Martha Stewart.

Silk yellow flower.




No comments: