Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer Color Gift Box

It's been a while since I've had to do any gift wrapping - I'll have plenty of that to do now since I have a few birthdays coming up...last night I made this decoration using mostly paper and chipboards, I wanted to see if I could resist from using any type of ribbon at all:

You can download a tutorial to make this large blue floral HERE. It's a really simple tutorial - after you've completed making the star shaped flower, you may decorate it anyway you wish.

I chose to decorate with lots of layered chipboards, felt flowers, and fun buttons. I also added little crystal gemstones that I shaped into a flower.
Here's a side view of the box. I took the same paper that I used for the floral topper and slid underneath the kiwi paper with a button embellishment. I then strung the remaining piece around the entire edge of the box.

The box itself is an empty one from the Making Memories Animal Crackers collection. I loved the pink scalloped edges on the lid of the box and decided to use it. Remember, if you are in need of a container and don't have one readily available, always look around your work space for existing embellishment boxes. You never know, some of the very containers that store your goodies could be the perfect size or color to suit your needs!


Materials used:


Martha Stewart's paper glitter star tutorial.

Papers: Chick-a-Dee and Chick-a Doo by SEI. Creative Imaginations.

Garden Party chipboards, blossoms and buttons, Animal Cracker's box, and chipboard buttons by Making Memories.

Florals by Hero Arts.

Prima's say it in crystals.



Enjoy and have a wonderful Friday!



No comments: