Saturday, June 7, 2008

Pink Asian Fan

I love weekends - especially Friday and Saturday nights, why? Because I get to stay up really late if I want to and create! Yay! Last night, I was inspired by a picture I saw in a magazine, a fan - it was very simple, and I thought I'd make my own version of one using some beautiful papers I have:

Here's another view of the fan standing upright:

Here are some more details, don't you just love the scroll work from Hero Arts?




What is wonderful about this fan is that the handle and the base where the floral is attached - the paper used is adhered on top of some thick chipboard - so it's durable to hold and actually use just like a real fan!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend - it's going to be a park day for us today - the sun is out and it looks like Southern Calif. is giving us a break again with some gorgeous weather! Tonight will be movie night for hubby and I - we always have to create some time for a little DVD entertainment!

Greek Pizza is also on the list of things to get today! We have this Greek Pizza mom and pop shop just 2 minutes away from us - and let me tell you - it is the BEST pizza in the whole world! It's like none other! SOOO GOOD! I don't know what their secret ingredient is but it's just fab!! If you're ever in the local Orange County area - it's called La Pizza Grotto on Haster and Chapman, near Disneyland - check it out!!!



Here are all the materials used for the fan design:


Papers: Jolie Chocolat by SEI. Making Memories Animal Crackers Emma Scallop.

Stamps by Hero Arts.

Ink: Black.

Floral by Prima.

7 small toothpicks.

Ribbon by SEI.

Spring Chipboard shapes by Making Memories.

Scallop Circle Die-Cut.




No comments: