Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Picking out an old favorite and....it's off to Kindergym we go!

Last night, I took a little break from crafting, I was exhausted both physically and mentally. I think this heat is just killing me!

So I was rummaging through some of my older projects and looking at the 'food' items that I've created over the years - those were the funnest to make!! A real challenge for me! I would have to say one of my favs that tops the list is this one, thought it was most appropriate for this time of the year:

It took me a while to figure out just how I was going to make icecream and how I would display it. I used large styrofoam balls and a lot of orchid and chocolate ink to cover them in the hopes that they would resemble Neopolitan icecream...yummy....

Other materials used was a piece of white chalk and chocolate ribbon for the pirouette, and a sheet of pink polka dots/chocolate tissue paper to resemble the sweet, crunchy biscuit. I can't tell you how many mistakes I made with this one...it took a while to complete. My styrofoam would tumble all over the place and just wouldn't sit still! LOL. Very memorable...enjoy and go out there and get your favorite scoop of icecream!

Today, Chris and I are headed out to a Kindergym Toddler Fitness class. It's about 2 hours and should be fun and activity filled for Chris! Does that mean the parent has to exercise too? Yes - to my family members out there - you're probably laughing at me because you know I don't exercise! ;)

It should be fun and I've got the camera on hand! Whoohoo!


Have a great day everyone!



No comments: