Monday, June 9, 2008

Mini Preview

Monday....Monday...Monday....I foresee a really fun week ahead! Here is a mini version of something much bigger that I'm currently working on for July, I mean it's really BIG - I'm so excited, I can't contain myself sometimes:

I love, love making cakes this time of the year - I've made cakes in the past but I am fine tuning it this time around. Adding another layer of difficulty and paying attention to more details and different embellishments. There is so much to celebrate these summer months - lots of weddings - brides-to-be running around getting last minute preparations done...it's really a beautiful time for a wedding! I wish I got invited to weddings more often nowadays! And what would birthday parties be without the cake? I remember growing up, everytime it was my birthday - the cake was the most important! OK - presents were pretty darn nice too - but the CAKE - had to have that no matter what~


And how could you dive into your cake without one of these:


Ingredients used:


Papers: Vine White by Making Memories. Pink and white polka-dots.

Giga Heart Scallop Punch.

Butterfly punch.

Bubblegum ribbon.

Pink florals by Martha Stewart.

Doodlebug Loopy Love letters.

White pearl beads.

2 corrugated round boxes, medium and small.

Large pink floral by Prima.

Spring shaped chipboards by Making Memories.




No comments: