Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Giant Gift Tag....

...turned into a scrap book layout! I took a 12 x 12 sheet of paper, cut it down to a smaller size, and shaped it into a really big scalloped gift tag:

The challenge with this was to see what type of design I would come up with the minimal use of space that I had and still make it look like a regular layout...I'm so used to working with the normal sized 12 x 12 layout! It was really fun to see where I would be placing my embellishments and what my limitations were.


I love the picture of Chris - he's a little silly in it....I'm trying to figure out his facial expression - it's kind of in-between a smile, a smirk, and a confused, I-have-a-question? look?? It's just a cute photo and hence, the sentiment in the tiny journaling tag reflects how I feel about it...the tag says the following:


I also wanted to get a close-up shot of these wonderful new flowers by Prima. They are part of the 'Sweetheart' collection and what is nice about it is you can use them for both girl and boy layouts - they come in silver, black, deep red, white, blush pink, and light red colors:

Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)


Materials used:

Papers: Bazzill Basic Scallops.

'Remember' Stamp by Heidi Swapp.

Large florals by Prima.

Small floral, buttons, and crystal gem by Hero Arts.

Vintage hip trinket pin, journaling tags, chipboard die-cut, and clear giggle frame by Making Memories.

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black.

Ribbon - leftover from my Christmas collection.

Fabric Brads by Deja Views.


1 comment:

Maggie said...

ahh these are adorable! I'm a big scrapbooker as well as my mom and I love your ideas!