Monday, June 2, 2008

The fresh look of green....

When I was out at the store the other day, I saw this beautiful Corelle dinner ware:

It's really gorgeous - the picture doesn't do it justice, I was inspired by the look of this plate and decided to make coordinating party invitations and a place setting:

Sage and white are such great color combos, and using them to make invitations is perfect for a wedding shower luncheon or a summer garden dinner.


Here is a close-up of the 5" x 4" invite:

Quick tip: When you need to mass produce invitations, but would still like that 'hand made' look, it's ok to compromise a little. For example, with the above invite card, I used my computer and printer to print out the text, and then used my stamps to stamp the leaves, floral, and accent scroll.


Materials used:


Papers: Crane & Company and Creative Imaginations.

Inks: Chianti, Crimson Lake, and Moss Green.

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs.



No comments: