Sunday, June 29, 2008

A floral collage

I did a different kind of layout yesterday, one that does not involve any pics of my son, or me, or anyone in my family. I simply used a photo from my 'unused' files and thought it would be nice to create this:

It's really amazing how you can find old pictures that you didn't think you would ever use again, stumble on it months later, and realize that it's a perfect fit for what you are creating. I took this photo quite a while ago...played around with it and thought I would use it as one of my banners, but then I changed my mind and never touched it again. I'm glad I didn't delete it.

This layout embodies pretty much what summer means to me - I wanted to make it very colorful, and showcase all the vivid colors that summer brings out..I really enjoyed making this one....


Click on the below photo for a larger view of the sentiment:

And here is a closeup of my newest Prima flowers and deco brads - aren't they great? Love them! Prima just drives me nuts with all of their products!


Materials used:


Papers: Hullabaloo by Making Memories. Bazzill Basic Scallops.

Florals and deco brads by Prima.

Red loopy love letters by Doodlebug Designs.





1 comment:

Lulu said...

Very pretty layout! I especially like the row of flowers... :)