Thursday, June 19, 2008

2 Layouts and a summary of Chris' last day of school....

This post is a very special one and will always hold dear to me...it's sentimental for many reasons and these 2 layouts coincide with what I'm about to write - click on the photos to see the details of the sentiments that I typed on each layout. All of the individual photos of Chris were taken at school by his teacher.



Yesterday, the 18th, was Chris' last day at pre-school! He'll be attending summer school in July, but still, yesterday proved very emotional for me and difficult as I said goodbye to his teacher, the aides, and all of his little classmates! Why was it so emotionally hard? I think it was because this is his FIRST school ever, his FIRST teacher - and throughout the school year, I guess I developed a bond with the teacher, really got to know her and vice versa....you would really think it was easy to part ways but it wasn't....Chris may not get the same teacher in the fall semester and that's why it was so bittersweet for me! I told her that it was 'bitter' in the fact that he will miss her dearly and so will I...but it was extra 'sweet' in that Chris learned so much throughout the entire year and his level of development has really progressed! She was such a wonderful teacher!

Depending on the district's decision, he may be going to yet a different school in September, hence, a new teacher as well!

But all is good, and I've learned so much from this first experience as a parent of a pre-school child! It has such powerful moments of awe and delight, of hope and understanding for both the parents and the child!

You don't even know how many tears I shed yesterday when I saw these wonderful photos that she surprised me with! I knew they had to be used for layouts!

All the kids got these wonderful little goodie bags filled with a handmade card from the aides and lots of yummy snacks! She put in some extra goodies such as stickers and a big sidewalk chalk. Everything was so colorful and the kids seemed to really have a blast...they probably didn't even realize it was the last day!

Enjoy both layouts and know that these are particularly special for me!



Materials used:


Papers: Creative Imaginations, Bazzill, and Doodlebug Designs.

Definition phrases, epoxy stickers, large glittered white alpha letters, and metal clip by Making Memories.

Ink: Royal blue.

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Accessories: Medium scalloped circle punch.



No comments: