Friday, May 2, 2008

"Will you remember me always?".....Part 1....The Gift

Next Tuesday, May 6, is National Teacher's Appreciation Day and it essentially lasts all week long! I really do appreciate and respect Chris' teacher for all the hard work she does and wanted to make her something special...sort of a keepsake of Chris....and here is what I came up with:

It is a scrapbook keepsake in which I have entitled, "Will you remember me always?"; the entire theme showcases Chris with a nice, big laugh during class time and the sentiment in it is as follows: Will the teacher always remember him even when he is long gone and no longer her student? Will she look back at this sentiment and remember his smiling little face and remember him as he was? His teacher is really quite a lady...she's very young and filled with energy and exhuberance....she has an amazing amount of patience to be dealing with 15 students, all of them 2-4 years of age, each and every day! She does it without fail and ALWAYS has a constant smile and enthusiasm on her face....it's just amazing....I wish I had her patience and smile all the time...it's so hard being a teacher, I'm sure. So my hat goes off to her for all that she's done thus far in Chris' learning and development!

Here are some closeups, I love that ledger type paper, it really looks like old parchment - you know, the type of school paper with those blue lines and huge spaces in-between that we would write our alphabet on:


I hope she enjoys the gift and will cherish it forever. There will be a Part 2 to this post later. It will be a coordinating card that I'll be making for her as well.
Here is a frame that I bought to showcase the scrap book page. I love these 12 x12 shadow box frames that encase the page so well. It fits perfectly! Don't you just love it!

Here is a view of the scrap book memento inside the frame, in addition, I attached a white satin ribbon and attached another matching Prima floral to decorate. This will be the final version of the gift to be presented to her.


All materials used:

Making Memories: Audrey Scallop Ledger paper, funky blossoms & buttons, journaling tags, vintage trinket pin, decoupage metal photo corners, garden party chipboards, and chipboard buttons.

Prima: Mulberry paper flowers, say it in crystals.

SEI: Jolie Chocolat Ribbon, paisley and petals stickers, citrus kick paper.

Doodlebug Designs: Loopy Love Swimming Pool Blue Alpha Letters.

Filigree jewel flower brads and Black Ink brown leaves.


Have a wonderful day! I'll be back with Part 2 - The Card.


No comments: