Monday, May 26, 2008

The White Dress

What I love most about what I do is the joy I get from diverting myself from the norm of making cards, scrap book layouts, gift boxes/bags, etc. Although I immensely enjoy making all of the previously mentioned items....there are times when I like to just let my mind roam free...and truly discover areas that I haven't explored yet. In the past I've made just simply 'objects' such as a princess carriage, a haunted Halloween house, icecream, cherry cheesecake, and even sushi!

But all this time, the one thing that I often think about and love to browse through magazines for the latest styles...this one thing has always eluded me...until now....

To make the illusion that the dress has texture to it, like most wedding dresses do....I used this wonderful white, textured chenille paper by Doodlebug! Isn't it great? There is an embossed design on the paper, and it just makes it so easy to use when you need texture and dimension on your project.

I really love the detail of the paper - it's gorgeous! For added femininity, I used a heart shaped lace paper to adhere to the edges of the dress...really neat stuff!


Here is a close-up:

Materials used:


Papers: Self-Adhesive lace paper and white line paper from Creative Imaginations. White chenille paper from Doodlebug Designs.

Pearl and light yellow gems by K & Company.

White daisy die-cuts.



Enjoy! I had a blast making this dress! I hope you're all having a great Memorial Day weekend! It's almost over and back to normal for me for Tuesday!



No comments: